Tuesday 24 August 2010

Bloody Gorgeous: Nivek Ogre (or ohGr or Kevin or whatever you want to call him)

I've decided that bloody gorgeous (my semi-aborted series of equal-opportunities perversion focusing on pretty men and fake blood (because there are hundreds, nay thousands of pictures of hot lady-people covered in fake blood and the internet demands balance) needs to be resurrected. Since I'm still on a Skinny Puppy kick, who better to feature than the lovely Mr Ogilvie?

Unfortunately I don't know when a lot of these were taken, I found them floating on the internet (links and resources listed below)


I'm guessing (?) these two are from the same photoshoot. He looks positively demonic!
Doesn't he have nice eyes? This picture was used for some of the promo posters for the 2009 tour.
More from the same photo shoot. It's hard to beleive he's 47, innit? (On a side note, should I be worried that the majority of male celebs I crush on are over twice my age?)
Another live shot, I would guess from 2005, just based on the hair.
This one they've been using to promote the 2010 tour, it was on the M'era Luna site. Actually, Cevin Key has quite nice eyes too...

This one's lifted from this article where the band talk about their tattoos (except Cevin Key... I'm guessing he hasn't got any?)

Sources and resources for Sk'uppy/ohGr pics:
This fan archive has a lot of pictures. The live pictures and personal pics of fans with the bands are pretty well archived (dates, credits etc) the photoshoots less so.
http://fuckyeahskinnypuppy.tumblr.com/
Litany is the fan resource to end all fan resources: really detailed FAQs and suchlike. Not so many pictures.

Anyway, I'll leave you with some of my favourite Sk'uppy videos, all of which featuring quite a lot of fake blood. I wonder if he gets much of a discount on fake blood?

Ogre pretending to stick things in his head and Cevin playing half a dozen instruments at once. Cool or what?

Intense and slightly creepy early performance of Assimilate, in which Ogre has fun with blood capsules. He's so young! And I've just noticed he has really skinny legs.   (The whole of this show is available on youtube, and I highly recommend checking it out; the version of The Choke is incredible.)

Oh and this is unrelated to bloody gorgeous but it cracks me up.

"Nothing!"

I'll stop now. Next time on postpunkpixiedust: crafty inspiration, macabre imagery, interesting videos, and ways to keep the cat off the laptop.

More Bloody Gorgeous coming soon! If you have any suggestions of handsome gents that ought to be included, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment