Tuesday 30 March 2010

Bloody Gorgeous 2 (and some things involving me)

That's it: Bloody Gorgeous is going to be a regular feature. And by regular I mean, "I will do it more than twice", not "I will post at regular intervals" because as you know, dear reader, I will never do that. Anyway, late one night the channel-hopping-fairy had a treat in store to cheer me up, the end of Danny Boyle's lovely not-quite-zombie gore fest 28 Days Later, starring the exquisitely handsome Mr Cillian Murphy. I had quite forgotten that the climax of the film involves Mr Murphy running about with no shirt on covered in arterial spatter. Always good, don't you think?



On a more serious and less perverted note, remember if you're based in the Hampshire area to buy your tickets for West Side Story at the Kings Theatre. And on a more serious and less shameless note, I'm afraid I'm not all that well at the moment, so posts will be even more erratic than usual. I may go into what's wrong with me in a later post... or not, I haven't yet decided.

Still, to end this little ramble on something more positive: good news everyone! The dreaded novel is complete! Well, I say complete, I'll keep tinkering with the minor details, but the bulk is done. I have written three different versions of the synopsis to suit agents of different tastes and now all that stands between me and the agent best suited to me (whether that agent deals with mainstream publishers, small press or ebooks is in the lap of the gods) is an elegant-sounding cover letter. I'll let you know how things go. I'm not expecting anyone to take me on, to be honest, but I think I should at least get an ebook out of it. There's no harm in trying, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment