Thursday 10 December 2009

Things involving me

I'm terribly sorry I haven't yet posted anything worth reading as yet. This week has ended up being far busier than I had at first thought, what with trying to find Christmas presents and going up to Oxford for my monthly night on the town, as well as art class and the other mundane things that need to be dealt with and a going to a pub quiz yesterday evening. Oh and I did have to stop and sulk/browse because Borders, quite possibly my favourite bookshop chain in the world, is closing down and the decimated shelves had some irresistible offers on them, which is why I'm now sitting on a pile of graphic novels. Oh and my mp3 player is lost to the ether, so I'm sulking about that too. It had a brand new AAA battery in and everything. Anyway, I do have some things I intend to write about at some point, it's just a matter of finding those spare points at which to write.


When I'm not dashing about the South of England looking for elusive presents and making friends with interesting people at goth clubs, I'm working on/editing my novel (or devourer of time), which currently labours under the working title "Fangs" but might transmute into "There Are Such Things" since that's a far more dynamic and exciting title, methinks. People who know me in the real world (and quite a few people who know me online) will probably have heard about it: it's a fantasy/horror piece about a young woman who falls for a deeply neurotic vampire (call it "paranormal romance" at your peril). On and off I've been working on it for almost seven years. Sounds excessive, but I ignore it for years at a time and it's changed considerably since it first popped into my head as a parody way back when I was in secondary school. Right now this minute I'm tearing my proverbial hair out trying to edit a sex scene into something that a) isn't too long, b) isn't out of character and c) isn't too strange. It is not going all that well. Sex scenes are not my strength, but sadly I can't fill the all of the book with descriptions of gore. Shame, that.

Anyway, I'll probably gab on about the novel more at some point, but right now I should be writing it rather than writing about it. Curse these writer's block days. Curse my insane keyboard (well actually it's my mouse that keeps spontaneously clicking on or highlighting things, but it's my keyboard that deletes the things that get highlighted. I need a new laptop).

I'm really not getting into the swing of this blogging malarkey am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment