Sunday 20 December 2009

A very late addition to Things Involving Me

I know, I know. Two weeks into the blog and already I'm behind and neglecting this damn thing. Two reasons: one, it's nearly Christmas and I have to do all sorts of tedious and vexing things like buy presents and put up decorations, and two, I've been busy talking to new and exciting people online. You see, in a moment of depression, I decided to join the lovely OkCupid, not because I particularly feel I need a partner, but more to meet new people and, crucially, to make new friends locally since all my friends seem to be elsewhere at the moment. I've used dating sites before with little success, meeting a few people that I talked to for about an hour and then being ignored for months afterwards. So far, however, I've been quite impressed with OKC. Their matching system means you can find like-minded people pretty easily and, unlike most sites, most of the users are friendly and willing to reply to messages instead of just ignoring you or never, ever logging on.

So yes, I'm sorry I haven't posted any of the usual rants and links, I've been having a social life for a change. Anyway, normal service will definitely resume post-Yule, with a few odd posts in between (hopefully) whenever I have a spare moment to avoid doing something more useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment