Saturday 6 February 2010

Things involving having a job

Well, dear reader, I did warn you I wouldn't be about as much as usual. If you missed my little warning, let me enlighten you, I now have a job and a very fine and enjoyable job it is too. It's part time, but I've been slogging overtime most of this week. It pays to look keen, don't you know. I do hope that when I'm settled in I have time to post more often again.

Anyway, just a few linkies to keep you going.... Kindly youtubians have added English subtitles to the shiny new Hellsing Ultimate installment. I think Hellsing is still my favourite anime/manga series. It may be stupid, violent and thoroughly ridiculous but it's cool. Episode 7 of the OVAs features long segments of Seras Victoria kicking serious arse which is always good. No Alucard though, they're really making us wait before he comes back.

In musical news, everybody's favourite synthpop pilot Gary Numan has done some live bits for 6 music, jamming with one of those trendy sort of indie acts that I can never keep up with. Heaven 17 have done one too, but being a bit of a Numanoid myself I prefer the former, they've even covered the Velvet Underground! Squee! I hope he does it live on his next tour, that would be exciting. Plus there are some new mixes up on Dark 80s  which I am yet to hear but should be good, lots of synthpop this time.

Oh and do check out this fun webcomic I stumbled upon. More webcomics need big haired goths.

And now, reader, I'm afraid I need to go to bed. How very boring of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment