Friday 22 January 2010

Links!

It's link time again. So many interesting things have been happening in the wonderful world of the internet, I decided to dump them all here. Hurrah for irrelevant and unrelated links!

But first, make sure you read my review of Dragon Age: Origins, a game I thoroughly enjoyed despite a few foibles. Clicked on the link? Earned me a penny? Good. On we go!

First up, interesting news about interesting people, headline being that multitalented songstress Amanda Palmer (of Dresden Dolls fame) and awe-inspiring author Neil Gaiman have gotten engaged! Apparently he proposed by drawing on her finger, which is a...novel way to pop the question I suppose. They're the only celebrity couple I could give a monkey's about, there's something really lovely about knowing that two such talented and wonderful people are together. Aw.

Also in interesting people: Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw, the uber-cynic behind Zero Punctuation is writing a novel about videogames. I'm fairly sure it will be awesome. I know this was announced ages ago, but I was having a bit of a ZP kick earlier this week and noticed it.

Lastly, the Poe Toaster didn't turn up this year. How disappointing. I'm trying to convince myself that his (or her) absence adds to the mystery of his (or her) being. It's not working.

Next on the agenda: entertain thyself! Bioshock 2 is coming out on 9th February and I for one am very excited. As though the first game didn't offer enough Orwellian art deco stylings, the new one allows you to play as one of those Big Daddies (complete, it appears, with a drill on your arm, bliss!) and plod through the ocean outside dystopian Rapture. Plus it has a multiplayer mode, and although I'm not normally one for multiplayer it does look fun.

In gothier news, Clan of Xymox are playing a date in London (along with a bunch of bands I admit I'm not familiar with) to promote their new album (look even hmv have it!) I might have to go to that, you know.

In unrelated gothy news, I discovered this earlier this week. Love the Siouxsie-eye smiley logo. Through that site, I also found these 80s podcast/mix thingies (when did Grace Jones cover Joy Division? How bizarre), and these mixes.


But you can also entertain thyself for free! Creature Feature have a new song you can download for free (or for a donation if you're feeling generous), not quite as much fun as their album but not a bad track. There's also a new issue of deiselpunk rag Gatehouse Gazette up for downloads, plus Jonathon Ian Mathers of Ill Will Press has been a busy, there's two new toons and a comic up since last time I checked (not quite sure what he plans to do with the comic about the talking tofu but there you are. Foamy and 4Y are still hilarious... and worryingly astute).

Last of all, a bit of shopping as I've found a gorgeous Etsy shop selling pretty upcylced lace things like this dress. Something to pine for, I suppose.

More stuff soon, which may or may not be more coherent... possibly...

No comments:

Post a Comment