Saturday 30 January 2010

More links, more news, more nonsense... less coherent overarching themes

I'm far too lazy to think of some vague theme to tie all these oddments together every day, and far far too lazy to post them all separately since they're all so diddy. Anyways...

Today I reminded myself of why I love getting second hand doodahs by trotting around all the charity shops in town. Aside from the fact that second hand videos are awesome even if they are a little on the wobbly side (I'm currently giggling at a very silly movie called The Monster Squad, with the classic 1967 Doctor Who serial Tomb of the Cybermen up for afters) I found some sewing patterns in a box, each selling for modest sums of mere pennies. I shall have to have a sewing day soon. Plus I found a beautiful little black velvet dress with beaded lace trim and pleats! Pleated velvet looks surprisingly good. Talking of second hand dresses, I wish I was a size 10! Not normally something I would be caught saying, but gosh I wish I could find a dress like that to fit me, it's very Patricia Morrison and it would look smashing with fishnets and big hair. It's pretty hard to find neat vintage things in a size 14, sadly. Maybe all the chic stores didn't make sizes above a 10, I don't know. (That's UK sizes, by the way, folks, I do realise that in US sizes are rather larger.)

Oh and on the job front, I had a little shufty at some of the kids I'm going to be marketing and by the gods they're good. If you live in the Hampshire area, keep an eye out for West Side Story at the King's Theatre in Southsea, because if they're this impressive after just a week and a bit's rehersals they'll be phenomenal by April.

Right...

Links; and how's this for a bedspread? I stumbled across it on the Gothic Shop, a site that has some real lovelies even if it does over stress the "must get search engine hits for the word goth vibe". They do matching purple-on-black cushions too.

Also in gothic pretties, over at Mookychick they're running a competition to win a shiny new Alchemy Gothic necklace. Admittedly when I say "competition" I mean "prize draw" but it's worth entering all the same methinks.

Next, Urban Threads have added a new mask tutorial to their site (otherwise known as "reasons why I want an embroidery sewing machine"). The result has a nice harlequin feel to it, more Mardi Gras than Carnivale di Venizia. If you're crafty and in possession of a machine cleverer than mine, do check out their lace patterns, they do some charming designs.

Lastly and also in crafty things, the new issue of Anticraft is up. It's a bit spartan this time, with only four projects, three recipes and a sort of mat...thing, but having only four projects means it's possible I might even finish all of them before the next one's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment