Wednesday 27 January 2010

Something bugging you?

One more link then I'll stop it with the linking for a while, I swear. Gao Fu Collectables might not sound like the most thrilling of ebay shop names, but this this Hong Kong seller has some amazing products. As well as selling fossils and gemstones, they have a huge range of jewellery, ornaments and ephemera featuring animal and insect specimens set into hard wearing plastics, including some lovely little macrame bracelets with scorpions in. Dirt cheap and really good quality. I have a couple of bracelets and necklaces from there and a cute little bat skeleton and they're some of my favourite ebay purchases ever. It may sound creepy, but there's a certain thrill to having a scorpion tied to your wrist.I have my eye on one of the larger specimens: I think it'd be fun to have one framed to look like an old Victorian curio.


Wearable bugs! It's the next big thing, honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment